The children of the late songwriter David Pryor are suing U.S. rapper Kanye West
for allegedly sampling one of Pryor's songs without permission, documents show.
Trena Steward and Lorenzo Pryor allege West used part of their father's 1974 song "Bumpin' Bus Stop?" in his 2005 hit "Gold Digger," TMZ reported Monday.
Steward and Pryor have asked a judge to stop the sale of West's 8-year-old record. They also are seeking unspecified damages, the celebrity news website said.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas