The children of the late songwriter David Pryor are suing U.S. rapper Kanye West
for allegedly sampling one of Pryor's songs without permission, documents show.
Trena Steward and Lorenzo Pryor allege West used part of their father's 1974 song "Bumpin' Bus Stop?" in his 2005 hit "Gold Digger," TMZ reported Monday.
Steward and Pryor have asked a judge to stop the sale of West's 8-year-old record. They also are seeking unspecified damages, the celebrity news website said.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go