The children of the late songwriter David Pryor are suing U.S. rapper Kanye West
for allegedly sampling one of Pryor's songs without permission, documents show.
Trena Steward and Lorenzo Pryor allege West used part of their father's 1974 song "Bumpin' Bus Stop?" in his 2005 hit "Gold Digger," TMZ reported Monday.
Steward and Pryor have asked a judge to stop the sale of West's 8-year-old record. They also are seeking unspecified damages, the celebrity news website said.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare