The children of the late songwriter David Pryor are suing U.S. rapper Kanye West
for allegedly sampling one of Pryor's songs without permission, documents show.
Trena Steward and Lorenzo Pryor allege West used part of their father's 1974 song "Bumpin' Bus Stop?" in his 2005 hit "Gold Digger," TMZ reported Monday.
Steward and Pryor have asked a judge to stop the sale of West's 8-year-old record. They also are seeking unspecified damages, the celebrity news website said.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response