A 6.3-magnitude earthquake has struck near Bushehr in southern Iran, the US Geological Survey said Tuesday.
The quake hit at 4:22 pm (1152 GMT), at a depth of 10 kilometres, and 89 kilometres south-east of Bushehr. There is a nuclear power plant in the area of Bushehr.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones