A 6.3-magnitude earthquake has struck near Bushehr in southern Iran, the US Geological Survey said Tuesday.
The quake hit at 4:22 pm (1152 GMT), at a depth of 10 kilometres, and 89 kilometres south-east of Bushehr. There is a nuclear power plant in the area of Bushehr.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Brian Boitano Announces That He Is Gay
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama