New York police said they arrested a man in a Cookie Monster costume who
allegedly shoved a 2-year-old boy in Times Square.
Police said Osvaldo Quiroz-Lopez, 33, posed for a photo with the toddler while dressed as the "Sesame Street" character Sunday then argued with the boy's mother when she refused to hand over $2, the New York Daily News reported Monday.
Quiroz-Lopez allegedly shoved the 2-year-old during the argument.
Police said Quiroz-Lopez was arrested and charged with assault and endangering the welfare of a child.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve