Samsung Electronics will step up its challenge
to Apple in the US market by offering its smartphones in the
country's largest electronic retail outlet, Best Buy, the company
Starting Monday, South Korea-based Samsung is to open 500 "Samsung Experience Shops" inside Best Buy stores, with the aim to increase the number to 1,400 in prime space near the stores' entrances.
Samsung poses the biggest threat to Apple's iPhone and iPad, and plans to open sales of its Galaxy S4 this month in the US and elsewhere.
Samsung leads the world market in smartphone sales, but lags behind in the important US market, where every second smart phone is an iPhone. The two companies have been engaged in a global legal battle over patents and damages.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West