OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/08/13 -- NAV CANADA today announced the conclusion of collective bargaining with CATCA (CAW Local 5454) which represents approximately 2,000 Air Traffic Controllers.
An arbitration board decision provides for a collective agreement that will run until March 31, 2016 and provides for wage increases of 1 per cent April 1, 2013 and October 1, 2013, with 2 per cent increases on April 1, 2014 and April 1, 2015.
Also included in this agreement is the introduction of a new hire pension arrangement effective January 1, 2014 plus other measures which, once implemented, would assist in sustaining the legacy pension plan for current air traffic controllers on a long term basis. Other premium adjustments as well as productivity enhancing changes also form part of the agreement.
NAV CANADA is the country's private sector civil air navigation services provider. With operations from coast to coast to coast, NAV CANADA provides air traffic control, flight information, weather briefings, aeronautical information services, airport advisory services and electronic aids to navigation.
Director, Government and Public Affairs
Manager, Media Relations
Media Information Line:
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply