OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/08/13 -- NAV CANADA today announced the conclusion of collective bargaining with CATCA (CAW Local 5454) which represents approximately 2,000 Air Traffic Controllers.
An arbitration board decision provides for a collective agreement that will run until March 31, 2016 and provides for wage increases of 1 per cent April 1, 2013 and October 1, 2013, with 2 per cent increases on April 1, 2014 and April 1, 2015.
Also included in this agreement is the introduction of a new hire pension arrangement effective January 1, 2014 plus other measures which, once implemented, would assist in sustaining the legacy pension plan for current air traffic controllers on a long term basis. Other premium adjustments as well as productivity enhancing changes also form part of the agreement.
NAV CANADA is the country's private sector civil air navigation services provider. With operations from coast to coast to coast, NAV CANADA provides air traffic control, flight information, weather briefings, aeronautical information services, airport advisory services and electronic aids to navigation.
Director, Government and Public Affairs
Manager, Media Relations
Media Information Line:
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low