Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco will play Johnny Unitas in an upcoming
movie about the 1958 NFL championship game, Unitas' son said.
Joe Unitas told the Baltimore Sun Flacco would handle the football scenes in the shooting of "Unitas We Stand" this summer.
"The way Joe plays and his demeanor reminds me a lot of my dad," Unitas said. "He's not a rah-rah guy. He throws a touchdown and maybe there's a little fist pump."
Unitas called Flacco, who led the Ravens to a Super Bowl victory this winter, a "good role model for kids."
Flacco said in a written statement posted on the film's website he "was honored by the opportunity" and assured fans the movie would not interfere with his preparations for next season.
Johnny Unitas died of a heart attack in 2002.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- Pakistan Library Dedicated to 'Osama bin Laden, the Martyr'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001