Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco will play Johnny Unitas in an upcoming
movie about the 1958 NFL championship game, Unitas' son said.
Joe Unitas told the Baltimore Sun Flacco would handle the football scenes in the shooting of "Unitas We Stand" this summer.
"The way Joe plays and his demeanor reminds me a lot of my dad," Unitas said. "He's not a rah-rah guy. He throws a touchdown and maybe there's a little fist pump."
Unitas called Flacco, who led the Ravens to a Super Bowl victory this winter, a "good role model for kids."
Flacco said in a written statement posted on the film's website he "was honored by the opportunity" and assured fans the movie would not interfere with his preparations for next season.
Johnny Unitas died of a heart attack in 2002.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z