Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco will play Johnny Unitas in an upcoming
movie about the 1958 NFL championship game, Unitas' son said.
Joe Unitas told the Baltimore Sun Flacco would handle the football scenes in the shooting of "Unitas We Stand" this summer.
"The way Joe plays and his demeanor reminds me a lot of my dad," Unitas said. "He's not a rah-rah guy. He throws a touchdown and maybe there's a little fist pump."
Unitas called Flacco, who led the Ravens to a Super Bowl victory this winter, a "good role model for kids."
Flacco said in a written statement posted on the film's website he "was honored by the opportunity" and assured fans the movie would not interfere with his preparations for next season.
Johnny Unitas died of a heart attack in 2002.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor