BERLIN -- (Marketwired) -- 04/08/13 -- The European Commercial Internet Exchange (ECIX) today announces the launch of its 100GE Internet Exchange in Frankfurt. This new Internet Exchange is the first 100GE deployment available in Frankfurt. The Exchange will provide alternative peering options for the existing exchanges and is available for service immediately.
ECIX's new Frankfurt Internet Exchange will offer standard connectivity to 100GE, 10GE and 1GE ports with all services available at existing ECIX sites. The new Exchange Point is available at the Ancotel (an Equinix subsidiary) and Interxion Datacenter Campus.
"With heavy traffic volume moving through Frankfurt, an advanced Internet Exchange was required to keep up with the momentum of new technologies," states Stefan Wahl, CEO of ECIX and Peering GmbH. "Our new 100GE Internet Exchange will provide alternative connectivity options for the largest IP capitals in Europe. ECIX will continue expanding into markets that have a strong need for exchange options and we are dedicated to deploying the latest technologies in these facilities."
ECIX is operated by Peering GmbH, an organization with Internet Exchanges in Berlin, Hamburg, Düsseldorf and Amsterdam. These Internet Exchanges have more than 120 members, making ECIX the second largest Internet Exchange provider in Germany. With over 10 years of operating experience, Peering GmbH brings next generation technologies to service providers and carriers that require neutral peering across Europe.
For more information, visit www.ecix.net.
European Commercial Internet Exchange (ECIX) is an Internet Exchange operating locations across Europe. These locations include Berlin, Hamburg, Düsseldorf and Amsterdam. ECIX is operated by Peering GmbH, an organization that offers Internet exchange as a service for Internet service providers, carrier and hosting companies. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, ECIX offers carrier neutral peering through its Internet Exchange points. To learn more, visit www.ecix.net.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
For media enquiries, contact:
Jaymie Scotto & Associates
+1 866 695 3629
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11