New Kids on the Block member Jonathan Knight has apologized for leaving the
stage during a concert in New York, where a blogger said he "seemed out of it."
The boy band was in the middle of a concert Thursday when Knight, who has previously been vocal about his struggle with anxiety, began acting abnormally.
"I noticed from the front row that Jonathan Knight seemed out of it," wrote HollywoodLife.com blogger Emily Longeretta.
"While the men started their choreographed dances, Jonathan stood uncomfortably in the background -- actually just standing and texting on his phone during the performance," she said.
During a rendition of "Survive You," Knight walked off the stage, CNN reported.
The rest of the five-member group kept performing as fans chanted for Knight's return -- but he never came back.
Knight later appeared to offer fans an apology on Twitter, saying "I'm sorry......"
Earlier in the day, before the concert, he tweeted the hashtag "I feel naked," perhaps indicating his emotional state that led to his behavior that night, the report said.
Bandmate Donnie Wahlberg took to Twitter to address the New York performance.
"Joe was especially dazzling! Jordan was especially amazing! Danny was especially solid & Jon was especially shy! #Allsystemsnormal," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy