Film star Wesley Snipes has been released from the McKean Federal Correctional
Institution in Pennsylvania, officials said.
The 50-year-old "Blade" and "White Men Can't Jump" star has been behind bars since December 2010 after he was convicted of failing to file tax returns in 1999, 2000 and 2001. The actor has blamed his advisers for the lapse in payments.
TMZ said Friday Snipes was released from prison Tuesday, but will be confined to his home until July 19 under the supervision of the New York Community Corrections Office.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham