Film star Wesley Snipes has been released from the McKean Federal Correctional
Institution in Pennsylvania, officials said.
The 50-year-old "Blade" and "White Men Can't Jump" star has been behind bars since December 2010 after he was convicted of failing to file tax returns in 1999, 2000 and 2001. The actor has blamed his advisers for the lapse in payments.
TMZ said Friday Snipes was released from prison Tuesday, but will be confined to his home until July 19 under the supervision of the New York Community Corrections Office.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8