Film star Wesley Snipes has been released from the McKean Federal Correctional
Institution in Pennsylvania, officials said.
The 50-year-old "Blade" and "White Men Can't Jump" star has been behind bars since December 2010 after he was convicted of failing to file tax returns in 1999, 2000 and 2001. The actor has blamed his advisers for the lapse in payments.
TMZ said Friday Snipes was released from prison Tuesday, but will be confined to his home until July 19 under the supervision of the New York Community Corrections Office.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- U.S. Highway Fund Nearly Broke, Jeopardizing Jobs
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work