Film star Wesley Snipes has been released from the McKean Federal Correctional
Institution in Pennsylvania, officials said.
The 50-year-old "Blade" and "White Men Can't Jump" star has been behind bars since December 2010 after he was convicted of failing to file tax returns in 1999, 2000 and 2001. The actor has blamed his advisers for the lapse in payments.
TMZ said Friday Snipes was released from prison Tuesday, but will be confined to his home until July 19 under the supervision of the New York Community Corrections Office.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down