Film star Wesley Snipes has been released from the McKean Federal Correctional
Institution in Pennsylvania, officials said.
The 50-year-old "Blade" and "White Men Can't Jump" star has been behind bars since December 2010 after he was convicted of failing to file tax returns in 1999, 2000 and 2001. The actor has blamed his advisers for the lapse in payments.
TMZ said Friday Snipes was released from prison Tuesday, but will be confined to his home until July 19 under the supervision of the New York Community Corrections Office.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia