Film star Wesley Snipes has been released from the McKean Federal Correctional
Institution in Pennsylvania, officials said.
The 50-year-old "Blade" and "White Men Can't Jump" star has been behind bars since December 2010 after he was convicted of failing to file tax returns in 1999, 2000 and 2001. The actor has blamed his advisers for the lapse in payments.
TMZ said Friday Snipes was released from prison Tuesday, but will be confined to his home until July 19 under the supervision of the New York Community Corrections Office.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit