Film star Wesley Snipes has been released from the McKean Federal Correctional
Institution in Pennsylvania, officials said.
The 50-year-old "Blade" and "White Men Can't Jump" star has been behind bars since December 2010 after he was convicted of failing to file tax returns in 1999, 2000 and 2001. The actor has blamed his advisers for the lapse in payments.
TMZ said Friday Snipes was released from prison Tuesday, but will be confined to his home until July 19 under the supervision of the New York Community Corrections Office.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row