Film star Wesley Snipes has been released from the McKean Federal Correctional
Institution in Pennsylvania, officials said.
The 50-year-old "Blade" and "White Men Can't Jump" star has been behind bars since December 2010 after he was convicted of failing to file tax returns in 1999, 2000 and 2001. The actor has blamed his advisers for the lapse in payments.
TMZ said Friday Snipes was released from prison Tuesday, but will be confined to his home until July 19 under the supervision of the New York Community Corrections Office.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status