It's still all the buzz: a top executive of a popular website venue put the
kabash on telecommuting.
Earlier this year, Yahoo! Chief Executive Officer Marissa Mayer summoned the company's home-based employees back to the office by June, and the mandate made news.
Around the country and South Florida, the decision has since opened the floor for discussion on how to how to manage and find a balance for the new next generation of communters and telecommuters.
Inspired by news of Mayer's recent decision, a Fort Lauderdale organization made up of members and business in the technology community are seeking strategies and solutions, at its next monthly networking meeting April 25.
The South Florida Technology Alliance will present: "Cyberslacking in South Florida: Toes in the Sand, Heads in the Cloud?" featuring Jason Perlow, senior technology editor at ZDNet and a Technology Solution Professional with Microsoft Corp. as guest speaker.
Perlow will share his views on workers who telecommute and how it impacts employees and businesses South Florida.
Perlow launched his freelance writing career at ZD Sm@rt Reseller in 1996. He has written numerous guest columns for ZDNet Enterprise and Ziff-Davis Internet. Previously, he was senior technology editor for Linux Magazine. Perlow is the founder of food website eGullet and blogs about restaurants and cooking at OffTheBroiler.com.
Networking and presentation begin at 5 p.m. April 25 at the Westin Fort Lauderdale, 400 Corporate Drive, in Fort Lauderdale.
Cost to attend varies: Students $10; Members: $15, $25; and nonmembers: $55.
For more information and to register, visit southfloridatech.org
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide