EDMONTON, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/04/13 -- Liquor Stores N.A. Ltd. (the "Company") (TSX: LIQ), North America's largest publicly-traded liquor retailer, announces that Stephen Bebis is appointed President and Chief Executive Officer effective May 7, 2013.
Mr. Bebis has a deep resume of experience in the retail sector, and most recently was the President and Chief Executive Officer of U.S.-based Brookstone Inc., a specialty lifestyle retail company. From 1998 to 2011, Mr. Bebis served as the founder, President and CEO of Golf Town, the largest specialty golf retailer in Canada and one of the largest in the world. From 1996 to 1998, he was Chairman, President, and CEO of Sports and Recreation Stores, Tampa, Florida. Prior thereto, Mr. Bebis held various executive-level positions, including (among others) President of Home Depot Canada, and founder and CEO of Aikenhead's Home Improvement Warehouse.
Jim Dinning, Chairman and current Interim Chief Executive Officer commented, "On behalf of Management and the Board, I am pleased to welcome Stephen to the Liquor Stores organization." Dinning added "With his rich retail experience and his remarkable success at growing the likes of Golf Town and Home Depot, we are confident we have a leader who will enhance the Company's prospects for continued expansion and profitability, especially as we look towards growth in new U.S. markets."
It is anticipated that Mr. Bebis will be appointed to the Board of Directors.
About Liquor Stores N.A. Ltd.
The Company operates 247 retail liquor stores in Alberta, British Columbia, Alaska and Kentucky, including the Company's two (2) new flagship Wine and Beyond stores located in Edmonton and Sherwood Park, Alberta. The Company's common shares and convertible subordinated debentures trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols "LIQ" and "LIQ.DB.A", respectively.
Additional information about Liquor Stores N.A. Ltd. is available at www.sedar.com and the Company's website at www.liquorstoresna.com.
Liquor Stores N.A. Ltd.
Patrick de Grace, CA
Chief Financial Officer
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go