WOBURN, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/04/13 -- As animals slowly begin to wake from hibernation and the cold weather recedes with spring's first flowers, homeowners start to think of ways to improve and beautify their home in concert with the awakening of the natural environment around them. Spring and summer are often the best times to update your home's exterior painting because the most severe weather of the year has passed and it may be time to repair damage that was caused by this weather.
There are many reasons to consider home painting, but four of the main motivations that drive homeowners are:
1. The increase in real estate value
One of the best ways to increase your home's market value is with exterior painting. Compared to renovations and remodeling, house painting is a much cheaper alternative. According to Remodeling Magazine, the average cost of a complete kitchen remodel in 2012 was $57,000, compared to an average of $3,000-$5,000 for exterior home painting (CostHelper.com). Although pricing may vary, you can see that the potential return on your investment is much greater with exterior home painting.
2. Enhancing your home's curb appeal
Like the feeling of wearing a new favorite outfit, your home will be dressed up and ready to shine with a new coat of exterior paint. It can help your home stand out in the neighborhood and have people slowing down to look at your beautiful new exterior! And if you're looking to sell your home, boosting curb appeal is a great way to attract the interest of potential home buyers.
3. Protection of your home's exterior
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women