Samsung Electronics will step up its challenge
to Apple in the US market by offering its smartphones in the
country's largest electronic retail outlet, Best Buy, the company
Starting Monday, South Korea-based Samsung is to open 500 "Samsung Experience Shops" inside Best Buy stores, with the aim to increase the number to 1,400 in prime space near the stores' entrances.
Samsung poses the biggest threat to Apple's iPhone and iPad, and plans to open sales of its Galaxy S4 this month in the US and elsewhere.
Samsung leads the world market in smartphone sales, but lags behind in the important US market, where every second smart phone is an iPhone. The two companies have been engaged in a global legal battle over patents and damages.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Obama Building Ebola Coalition for Africa Fight
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic