Samsung Electronics will step up its challenge
to Apple in the US market by offering its smartphones in the
country's largest electronic retail outlet, Best Buy, the company
Starting Monday, South Korea-based Samsung is to open 500 "Samsung Experience Shops" inside Best Buy stores, with the aim to increase the number to 1,400 in prime space near the stores' entrances.
Samsung poses the biggest threat to Apple's iPhone and iPad, and plans to open sales of its Galaxy S4 this month in the US and elsewhere.
Samsung leads the world market in smartphone sales, but lags behind in the important US market, where every second smart phone is an iPhone. The two companies have been engaged in a global legal battle over patents and damages.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs