Samsung Electronics will step up its challenge
to Apple in the US market by offering its smartphones in the
country's largest electronic retail outlet, Best Buy, the company
Starting Monday, South Korea-based Samsung is to open 500 "Samsung Experience Shops" inside Best Buy stores, with the aim to increase the number to 1,400 in prime space near the stores' entrances.
Samsung poses the biggest threat to Apple's iPhone and iPad, and plans to open sales of its Galaxy S4 this month in the US and elsewhere.
Samsung leads the world market in smartphone sales, but lags behind in the important US market, where every second smart phone is an iPhone. The two companies have been engaged in a global legal battle over patents and damages.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- First Lady Announces Job Site for Veterans
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Tesla Expanding its California Operations
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Retirement: Why $1 Million Won't Be Enough
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash