Samsung Electronics will step up its challenge
to Apple in the US market by offering its smartphones in the
country's largest electronic retail outlet, Best Buy, the company
Starting Monday, South Korea-based Samsung is to open 500 "Samsung Experience Shops" inside Best Buy stores, with the aim to increase the number to 1,400 in prime space near the stores' entrances.
Samsung poses the biggest threat to Apple's iPhone and iPad, and plans to open sales of its Galaxy S4 this month in the US and elsewhere.
Samsung leads the world market in smartphone sales, but lags behind in the important US market, where every second smart phone is an iPhone. The two companies have been engaged in a global legal battle over patents and damages.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation