A man was shot three times in St. Louis on Wednesday night after he went to a look at a car that had been advertised on Craigslist, St. Louis police said.
The victim, in his late 30s, had gone with a woman and another man to the 4400 block of Elmbank Avenue to look at the car. Police say the family had learned about the car for sale a few days ago from a Craigslist ad.
At about 7:45 p.m. Wednesday, two men armed with guns approached the victims while they were in a car. One of the men stood at the driver's side window; the other stood at the passenger's side. The man on the passenger side started firing shots into the car and hit the victim.
After being shot, the man who was shot and the two people with him were able to drive to an auto parts store to get help. That was in the 4300 block of Natural Bridge Avenue.
The victim was shot twice in the back and once in the face. He was taken to a hospital, where police say he was in critical but stable condition. The other two victims were not physically hurt.
The suspects got away on foot, and police continue to investigate. They only had sketchy descriptions initially, including that the men were in their early 20s. By early Thursday, police said they thought they had good leads on who the gunmen are but had not yet made an arrest.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007