The Children's Home of Stockton has named former astronaut Jose Hernandez to its board of directors for a three-year term. His term began Feb. 11.
Hernandez, who graduated from University of the Pacific and the University of California, Santa Barbara, was an astronaut from 2001 to 2010, even having a role on a space shuttle crew.
Hernandez, who is also on the Board of Regents for Pacific, joins a Children's Home board that oversees a private nonprofit agency that has provided services to children in need for 131 years. The board develops policy and oversees operations of the home.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise