The Children's Home of Stockton has named former astronaut Jose Hernandez to its board of directors for a three-year term. His term began Feb. 11.
Hernandez, who graduated from University of the Pacific and the University of California, Santa Barbara, was an astronaut from 2001 to 2010, even having a role on a space shuttle crew.
Hernandez, who is also on the Board of Regents for Pacific, joins a Children's Home board that oversees a private nonprofit agency that has provided services to children in need for 131 years. The board develops policy and oversees operations of the home.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'
- Molina Adding Hundreds of Jobs in Michigan
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot