The Children's Home of Stockton has named former astronaut Jose Hernandez to its board of directors for a three-year term. His term began Feb. 11.
Hernandez, who graduated from University of the Pacific and the University of California, Santa Barbara, was an astronaut from 2001 to 2010, even having a role on a space shuttle crew.
Hernandez, who is also on the Board of Regents for Pacific, joins a Children's Home board that oversees a private nonprofit agency that has provided services to children in need for 131 years. The board develops policy and oversees operations of the home.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million