EDMONTON, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/04/13 -- Media are invited to attend the tenth Homeless Connect Edmonton. Providing free essential services to homeless and at-risk individuals, Homeless Connect is a community event that brings together agencies, businesses and volunteers all under one roof.
Date: Sunday, April 7, 2013
Time: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Location: Halls A, B & C, Shaw Conference Centre
Edmonton Transit Services (ETS) will offer free rides to guests to and from the event. Guests will have access to services such as haircuts, dentistry, eye-care, foot care, counseling, pre-natal support, laundry, employment services and housing information. Every guest will receive a care package that includes personal care products.
The following event organizers will be available for interviews:
- Susan McGee, CEO of Homeward Trust
- Judy Downey, supervisor, Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board Housing and Economic Sustainability Sustainable Development and Homeless Connect Edmonton chair
Media are instructed to go to the information table when they arrive. Opportunities to shadow guests and volunteers may be available. Please note that guests who do not wish to be photographed will wear a neon yellow sticker. If interested, please inquire at the media table.
Homeless Connect Edmonton is organized by volunteer committees that provide direction and support for the event. Homeward Trust Edmonton, a not-for-profit organization providing leadership and resources towards ending homelessness, coordinates the overall work plan and ensures the event aligns with related Edmonton initiatives. For more information, visit www.homelessconnect.ca
Homeward Trust Edmonton
Communications and Media Coordinator
780.496.7290 or 780.700.2499 (cell)
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Jay Z, Kanye Delight Fans With Two-Hour Set at SXSW
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- Accused Killer Texted Son Moments Before Shooting Man for Texting: Prosecutors