WASHINGTON, DC -- (Marketwired) -- 04/04/13 -- The Online News Association, the world's largest membership organization of digital journalists, announces that applications are now open for students and mentors for the ONA13 Student Newsroom at the 2013 Online News Association's Conference and Awards Banquet, Oct. 17-19, in Atlanta.
The Student Newsroom, supported for the fourth year by Google, immerses 20 select graduate or undergraduate students in a digital media environment by providing hands-on experience producing content for the ONA13 website before and during the conference, under the personal guidance of professional mentors. Students also have the opportunity to attend ONA13 programming led by experts in digital journalism, network with attendees and acquire and flex new digital media skills. Lodging, travel and registration expenses are covered, courtesy of Google.
Sixteen Student Newsroom mentors with digital skills will be selected to guide up to two students before and during the conference, working one-on-one with them to help develop story ideas and advise coverage production. Mentors receive free conference registration. They also have a chance to pay it forward, shaping the skills of tomorrow's leaders in digital journalism.
Applications for both students and mentors must be received by May 2 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Learn more about student eligibility and apply.
Learn more about mentor eligibility and apply.
Read about last year's Student Newsroom and its conference coverage.
The Online News Association is the world's largest association of digital journalists. ONA's mission is to inspire innovation and excellence among journalists to better serve the public. The membership includes news writers, producers, designers, editors, bloggers, developers, photographers, educators, students and others who produce news for and support digital delivery systems. ONA also hosts the annual Online News Association conference and administers the Online Journalism Awards.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
For more information, contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go