VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/30/13 -- On Saturday, May 4 the BC Medical Association will be holding its province wide kickoff event for Walk with your Doc. Respected physician and media personality Dr Art Hister will emcee the event, well-known local physician and columnist Dr Davidicus Wong will be walking, and BCMA president Dr Shelley Ross will say a few words.
Taking place at Kitsilano Beach Walk with your Doc brings together Vancouver walkers and doctors on a 2 km walk. Walk with your Doc provides a great opportunity for doctors to connect with a group of patients, to walk side by side, discuss the health benefits that walking provides, and demonstrate their commitment of supporting patients to lead a healthy lifestyle. This event shows that people of all ages, no matter their ability, can stay active by walking.
Please visit the Walk with your Doc website at: www.walkwithyourdoc.ca
Location: Kitsilano Beach - Corner of Yew St. and Cornwall Ave.
Date: Saturday, May 4th
Media Availability: 9:30am
BC Medical Association
Senior Manager, Communications and Media Relations
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- U.N. Endorses Rights of Indigenous Peoples