VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/30/13 -- On Saturday, May 4 the BC Medical Association will be holding its province wide kickoff event for Walk with your Doc. Respected physician and media personality Dr Art Hister will emcee the event, well-known local physician and columnist Dr Davidicus Wong will be walking, and BCMA president Dr Shelley Ross will say a few words.
Taking place at Kitsilano Beach Walk with your Doc brings together Vancouver walkers and doctors on a 2 km walk. Walk with your Doc provides a great opportunity for doctors to connect with a group of patients, to walk side by side, discuss the health benefits that walking provides, and demonstrate their commitment of supporting patients to lead a healthy lifestyle. This event shows that people of all ages, no matter their ability, can stay active by walking.
Please visit the Walk with your Doc website at: www.walkwithyourdoc.ca
Location: Kitsilano Beach - Corner of Yew St. and Cornwall Ave.
Date: Saturday, May 4th
Media Availability: 9:30am
BC Medical Association
Senior Manager, Communications and Media Relations
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Republican Jolly Wins Fla. Special Election
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Copper Plunges on China Jitters
- Obama Seeks Overtime Pay for Salaried Workers
- U.S. Stocks Sink for 3rd Day in a Row
- Vestas Ramps Up Hiring to Build Wind Turbines
- Justin Bieber Comes Between Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez
- World Wide Web Turns 25
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress