VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/30/13 -- On Saturday, May 4 the BC Medical Association will be holding its province wide kickoff event for Walk with your Doc. Respected physician and media personality Dr Art Hister will emcee the event, well-known local physician and columnist Dr Davidicus Wong will be walking, and BCMA president Dr Shelley Ross will say a few words.
Taking place at Kitsilano Beach Walk with your Doc brings together Vancouver walkers and doctors on a 2 km walk. Walk with your Doc provides a great opportunity for doctors to connect with a group of patients, to walk side by side, discuss the health benefits that walking provides, and demonstrate their commitment of supporting patients to lead a healthy lifestyle. This event shows that people of all ages, no matter their ability, can stay active by walking.
Please visit the Walk with your Doc website at: www.walkwithyourdoc.ca
Location: Kitsilano Beach - Corner of Yew St. and Cornwall Ave.
Date: Saturday, May 4th
Media Availability: 9:30am
BC Medical Association
Senior Manager, Communications and Media Relations
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks