VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/30/13 -- On Saturday, May 4 the BC Medical Association will be holding its province wide kickoff event for Walk with your Doc. Respected physician and media personality Dr Art Hister will emcee the event, well-known local physician and columnist Dr Davidicus Wong will be walking, and BCMA president Dr Shelley Ross will say a few words.
Taking place at Kitsilano Beach Walk with your Doc brings together Vancouver walkers and doctors on a 2 km walk. Walk with your Doc provides a great opportunity for doctors to connect with a group of patients, to walk side by side, discuss the health benefits that walking provides, and demonstrate their commitment of supporting patients to lead a healthy lifestyle. This event shows that people of all ages, no matter their ability, can stay active by walking.
Please visit the Walk with your Doc website at: www.walkwithyourdoc.ca
Location: Kitsilano Beach - Corner of Yew St. and Cornwall Ave.
Date: Saturday, May 4th
Media Availability: 9:30am
BC Medical Association
Senior Manager, Communications and Media Relations
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu