Television journalist Maria Shriver is returning to US television network NBC as a special anchor covering women's issues nine years after leaving the network when her then husband, Arnold Schwarzenegger, was elected governor of California.
Shriver (57) will appear on various NBC networks, including CNBC, MSNBC and NBC Sports. Shriver left NBC in 2004 when she became the first lady of California, NBC said in a statement yesterday.
Shriver, the niece of slain US president John F Kennedy, filed for divorce from Schwarzenegger in 2011 after he admitted to fathering a child with a housekeeper. - (Reuters)
(c) 2013 Irish Times. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel