The National Latina Business Women Association (NLBWA) is looking for a few good female corporate professionals in the Los Angeles area to honor.
The group seeks nominees for its 10th annual Honoring Women in Business Awards, a recognition for individuals who have distinguished themselves through outstanding leadership and a commitment to the betterment of the Hispanic community.
The NLBWA has four general criteria for nominations:
-- Candidates must either be entrepreneurs/business owners who have a minimum three years in business, they must be involved in the business's day-to-day operations, and the business must be at least 51 percent Latina owned.
-- Corporate professionals must be in a managerial position or above and demonstrate exemplary leadership in their professional role or diversity programs at the company.
-- Candidates must conduct business or work in Los Angeles or the surrounding communities.
-- Candidates need to demonstrate outstanding leadership in the community and serve as advocates to promote Hispanics in the community.
The Honoring Latinas in Business Awards will take place June 27 at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in Hollywood, Calif.
To nominate a deserving individual, go to www.nlbwa-la.org.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party