The National Latina Business Women Association (NLBWA) is looking for a few good female corporate professionals in the Los Angeles area to honor.
The group seeks nominees for its 10th annual Honoring Women in Business Awards, a recognition for individuals who have distinguished themselves through outstanding leadership and a commitment to the betterment of the Hispanic community.
The NLBWA has four general criteria for nominations:
-- Candidates must either be entrepreneurs/business owners who have a minimum three years in business, they must be involved in the business's day-to-day operations, and the business must be at least 51 percent Latina owned.
-- Corporate professionals must be in a managerial position or above and demonstrate exemplary leadership in their professional role or diversity programs at the company.
-- Candidates must conduct business or work in Los Angeles or the surrounding communities.
-- Candidates need to demonstrate outstanding leadership in the community and serve as advocates to promote Hispanics in the community.
The Honoring Latinas in Business Awards will take place June 27 at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in Hollywood, Calif.
To nominate a deserving individual, go to www.nlbwa-la.org.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California