Latina Business Group Seeks Nominees --> The National Latina Business Women Association (NLBWA) is looking for a few good female corporate professionals in the Los Angeles area to honor.
The group seeks nominees for its 10th annual Honoring Women in Business Awards, a recognition for individuals who have distinguished themselves through outstanding leadership and a commitment to the betterment of the Hispanic community.
The NLBWA has four general criteria for nominations:
-- Candidates must either be entrepreneurs/business owners who have a minimum three years in business, they must be involved in the business's day-to-day operations, and the business must be at least 51 percent Latina owned.
-- Corporate professionals must be in a managerial position or above and demonstrate exemplary leadership in their professional role or diversity programs at the company.
-- Candidates must conduct business or work in Los Angeles or the surrounding communities.
-- Candidates need to demonstrate outstanding leadership in the community and serve as advocates to promote Hispanics in the community.
The Honoring Latinas in Business Awards will take place June 27 at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in Hollywood, Calif.
To nominate a deserving individual, go to www.nlbwa-la.org.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women