VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/30/13 -- Fortress Paper Ltd. ("Fortress Paper" or the "Company") (TSX: FTP) is pleased to announce that it has successfully completed the sale of the Dresden Mill to Glatfelter Gernsbach GmbH & Co. KG, a subsidiary of P.H. Glatfelter Co., previously announced on March 13, 2013. The purchase price for the sale was EUR160 million (approximately CDN$212 million), subject to a post-closing working capital adjustment.
With the sale of the Dresden Mill, Fortress Paper no longer operates in the specialty papers (wallpaper base) industry.
About Fortress Paper
Fortress Paper operates internationally in two distinct business segments: dissolving pulp and security paper products. The Company operates its dissolving pulp business at the Fortress Specialty Cellulose Mill located in Canada, which is also in the process of expanding into the renewable energy generation sector with the construction of a cogeneration facility. The Company is also seeking to expand its dissolving pulp capacity with the recent acquisition of Fortress Global Cellulose Mill located at Lebel-sur-Quevillon, Quebec, which the Company intends to convert into a dissolving pulp mill and where the Company intends to re-start the cogeneration facility.
The Company operates its security paper products business at the Landqart Mill located in Switzerland, where it produces banknote, passport, visa and other brand protection and security papers, and at its Fortress Optical Facility located in Canada, where it manufactures optically variable thin film material.
Fortress Paper Ltd.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton