Ex-U.S. Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick of Detroit and six other former Congress
members are presiding over hearings on the existence of extraterrestrials.
The 30 hours of congressional-style hearings began Monday and are scheduled to run through Friday at the National Press Club in Washington.
Those testifying hope to prove that aliens have contacted Earth - and that the government is trying to keep it secret.
Kilpatrick said she has been researching the topic and is "looking forward to the week's activities."
Kilpatrick is a Democrat who served in Congress from 1997 to 2011. Her son, ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, is awaiting sentencing after being convicted on two dozen counts of corruption.
- The Associated Press
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'