A National Airlines Boeing (NYSE: BA) 747-400 cargo plane was involved in an accident at Bagram Airbase in Afghanistan on April 29, the US carrier said.
At approximately 7 am ET, National Flight NCR 102 from Bagram to Dubai, UAE, with seven crewmembers on board crashed on takeoff. None of the crew members survived.
National said that it was a purely cargo flight and no passengers were aboard. Cargo consisted of vehicles and routine general cargo.
The carrier will release additional information as it becomes available, in cooperation with government authorities. National said it would be assisting the NTSB and Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority in their investigations of the crash.
As of now, the cause of the accident is unknown.
For more information visit www.nationalaircargo.com.
Here's a video of the horrific accident:
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction