A National Airlines Boeing (NYSE: BA) 747-400 cargo plane was involved in an accident at Bagram Airbase in Afghanistan on April 29, the US carrier said.
At approximately 7 am ET, National Flight NCR 102 from Bagram to Dubai, UAE, with seven crewmembers on board crashed on takeoff. None of the crew members survived.
National said that it was a purely cargo flight and no passengers were aboard. Cargo consisted of vehicles and routine general cargo.
The carrier will release additional information as it becomes available, in cooperation with government authorities. National said it would be assisting the NTSB and Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority in their investigations of the crash.
As of now, the cause of the accident is unknown.
For more information visit www.nationalaircargo.com.
Here's a video of the horrific accident:
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms