A National Airlines Boeing (NYSE: BA) 747-400 cargo plane was involved in an accident at Bagram Airbase in Afghanistan on April 29, the US carrier said.
At approximately 7 am ET, National Flight NCR 102 from Bagram to Dubai, UAE, with seven crewmembers on board crashed on takeoff. None of the crew members survived.
National said that it was a purely cargo flight and no passengers were aboard. Cargo consisted of vehicles and routine general cargo.
The carrier will release additional information as it becomes available, in cooperation with government authorities. National said it would be assisting the NTSB and Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority in their investigations of the crash.
As of now, the cause of the accident is unknown.
For more information visit www.nationalaircargo.com.
Here's a video of the horrific accident:
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes