A National Airlines Boeing (NYSE: BA) 747-400 cargo plane was involved in an accident at Bagram Airbase in Afghanistan on April 29, the US carrier said.
At approximately 7 am ET, National Flight NCR 102 from Bagram to Dubai, UAE, with seven crewmembers on board crashed on takeoff. None of the crew members survived.
National said that it was a purely cargo flight and no passengers were aboard. Cargo consisted of vehicles and routine general cargo.
The carrier will release additional information as it becomes available, in cooperation with government authorities. National said it would be assisting the NTSB and Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority in their investigations of the crash.
As of now, the cause of the accident is unknown.
For more information visit www.nationalaircargo.com.
Here's a video of the horrific accident:
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States