A National Airlines Boeing (NYSE: BA) 747-400 cargo plane was involved in an accident at Bagram Airbase in Afghanistan on April 29, the US carrier said.
At approximately 7 am ET, National Flight NCR 102 from Bagram to Dubai, UAE, with seven crewmembers on board crashed on takeoff. None of the crew members survived.
National said that it was a purely cargo flight and no passengers were aboard. Cargo consisted of vehicles and routine general cargo.
The carrier will release additional information as it becomes available, in cooperation with government authorities. National said it would be assisting the NTSB and Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority in their investigations of the crash.
As of now, the cause of the accident is unknown.
For more information visit www.nationalaircargo.com.
Here's a video of the horrific accident:
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges