CLARKDALE, AZ -- (Marketwired) -- 04/03/13 -- Boys of all ages love trains. Many lifelong hobbies stem from this fascination, creating bucket lists of train rides and photographs. The truly captivated create elaborate model railroads, as evidenced by the two miniature tributes inspired by Verde Canyon Railroad.
The Sedona Railroaders will display a diorama at the depot on National Train Day, celebrated on Saturday, May 11, 2013 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Cottonwood's Clemenceau Museum, home to a full room-sized model railroad, will also participate in the festivities. Verde Canyon Railroad will celebrate the 60th birthdays of our vintage FP7 locomotives, the mighty 1510 and the 1512.
Verde Canyon Railroad's knowledgeable staff will take visitors on a complimentary 20-minute tour showcasing these impressive engines (only two of 10 remaining in North America), through the mid-1900s passenger cars and on a tour of the John Bell Museum which highlights the Railroad's storied past.
The exhibits and tours featuring railroad-themed displays, representatives from local attractions, live music, a presentation by Liberty Wildlife Raptor Rescue and a barbeque lunch, will be at the Clarkdale train depot. The depot is located at 300 North Broadway, Clarkdale, AZ. For more information or to make reservations, please call 1-800-293-7245. This free event is open to the public.
The Verde Canyon Railroad is proud to have carried well over one million passengers since that first departure in 1990. We look forward to sharing this rare, awe-inspiring experience with millions more for years to come because it's always a good day when you're on a train.
Call 800-293-7245 or book your train ride online at verdecanyonrr.com.
It's not the destination; it's the centennial journey!
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July