OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/03/13 -- Canadian parents who are worried about managing their children's media world now have help as MediaSmarts unveils a new blog dedicated to parents.
'MediaSmarts Mom' blogger Andrea Tomkins will bring her thoughts, recommendations, and tips from the perspective of a mother who's raising her kids in a constantly evolving media age.
"Our goal is to make life easier for families. We know that parents have a lot of questions about what their kids are doing on their computers and mobile devices," says Cathy Wing, Co-Executive Director of MediaSmarts, "so we're thrilled to have Andrea onboard. With her 'tech cred' and parenting experience, she'll be able to provide guidance and answers to parents who are struggling to keep up with their kids."
In addition to the new blog, MediaSmarts has a wide variety of resources available to families including a series of e-tutorials, tip sheets, and interactive games on a variety of media issues including cyberbullying, online safety, body image, and violence and stereotyping in the media.
Visit the blog at www.mediasmarts.ca/blog and follow us on Twitter @mediasmarts.
MediaSmarts (formerly Media Awareness Network) is a Canadian not-for-profit centre for digital and media literacy. Its vision is that young people have the critical thinking skills to engage with media as active and informed digital citizens. www.mediasmarts.ca
613-224-7721, ext. 231
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status