ROSELAND, NJ -- (Marketwired) -- 04/03/13 -- Private sector employment increased by 158,000 jobs from February to March, according to the March ADP National Employment Report®, which is produced by ADP®, a leading provider of human capital management solutions, in collaboration with Moody's Analytics. The report, which is derived from ADP's actual payroll data, measures the change in total nonfarm private employment each month on a seasonally-adjusted basis. Revisions to job gains in the two prior months were offsetting; February's gain of 198,000 jobs was revised up by 39,000 to 237,000, and January's 215,000 gain was revised down by 38,000 to 177,000.
March 2013 Report Highlights*
View the ADP National Employment Report Infograph at www.adpemploymentreport.com.
Total U.S. Nonfarm Private Employment: 158,000
•By Company Size •Small businesses: 74,000•1-19 employees 44,000 •20-49 employees 30,000
•Medium businesses: 37,000•50-499 employees 37,000
•Large businesses: 47,000•500-999 employees 27,000 •1,000+ employees 20,000
•By Sector •Goods producing 7,000 •Service providing 151,000
•Industry Snapshot •Construction 0 •Manufacturing 6,000 •Trade/transportation/utilities 22,000 •Financial activities 9,000 •Professional/business services 39,000
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall