VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/29/13 -- Verona Development Corp. (TSX VENTURE: VDC.H) ("Verona" or "the Company") has completed the sale of its 60% working interest in two oil and natural gas leases in the Gainsborough South area of Saskatchewan to Canadian Natural Resources ("CNR") for total consideration of $671,953.
The Company received a $75,000 cash payment on Closing. The balance of the purchase price was satisfied by way of set-off of $596,953.16 claimed by CNR for dewatering and effluent treatment charges. The sale transaction has settled the litigation commenced by CNR against the Company. The background to the litigation and the agreement is described in the Company's March 1, 2013 and April 4, 2013 news releases.
On Behalf of the Board of Directors
VERONA DEVELOPMENT CORP.
Gurminder Sangha, Director
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Verona Development Corp.
(604) 568-4902 (FAX)
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today