OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/29/13 -- Editors Note: There is one photo associated with this release.
Andy Gardiner took a leap of faith when he left his life in Winnipeg to train in Ottawa. He lives away from his family, and sleeps on trainer Eric Belanger's couch, yet still finds the energy to give back to his new community. On June 8th Andy will participate in a 2013 Boxathon for CHEO with fellow citizens who, together, are physically demonstrating their support for the children's hospital.
Despite a demanding training schedule, Eric and Andy have found the time to train a group of "Boxathon Community Heroes" at Final Round Boxing.
"By the time I'm done with them, I'm hoping they'll think raising money for CHEO is the easy part!" Eric exclaimed in an interview at Final Round.
When asked how he manages to juggle a pro boxing career while leading the Boxathon, Andy dutifully responded: "Helping children in need by doing something I love? Easy."
Andy's next professional fight is against Dominican prospect Emiliano Cayetano (21-5). The fight is scheduled for May 17th at Casino du Lac Leamy. Tickets can be purchased via admission.com or by calling Final Round Boxing Ottawa at (613) 371-1543. For more information about joining, supporting or attending the 2013 Boxathon for CHEO, go to www.boxathon.com.
To view the photo associated with this release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20130429-Andy_Gardiner_boxathon_pic01_e.jpg.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions