OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/29/13 -- Editors Note: There is one photo associated with this release.
Andy Gardiner took a leap of faith when he left his life in Winnipeg to train in Ottawa. He lives away from his family, and sleeps on trainer Eric Belanger's couch, yet still finds the energy to give back to his new community. On June 8th Andy will participate in a 2013 Boxathon for CHEO with fellow citizens who, together, are physically demonstrating their support for the children's hospital.
Despite a demanding training schedule, Eric and Andy have found the time to train a group of "Boxathon Community Heroes" at Final Round Boxing.
"By the time I'm done with them, I'm hoping they'll think raising money for CHEO is the easy part!" Eric exclaimed in an interview at Final Round.
When asked how he manages to juggle a pro boxing career while leading the Boxathon, Andy dutifully responded: "Helping children in need by doing something I love? Easy."
Andy's next professional fight is against Dominican prospect Emiliano Cayetano (21-5). The fight is scheduled for May 17th at Casino du Lac Leamy. Tickets can be purchased via admission.com or by calling Final Round Boxing Ottawa at (613) 371-1543. For more information about joining, supporting or attending the 2013 Boxathon for CHEO, go to www.boxathon.com.
To view the photo associated with this release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20130429-Andy_Gardiner_boxathon_pic01_e.jpg.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project