THE RECALL: Chrysler is recalling about 2,500 Dodge Challenger muscle cars in
the U.S. that are equipped with V6 engines. It's also telling owners not to
drive them until they are repaired.
THE PROBLEM: A short in a wiring circuit can overheat and cause fires. There have been six fires so far and a seventh incident is under investigation. No one has been hurt, Chrysler said. The company also says people shouldn't park the cars in or near a structure.
THE SOLUTION: Chrysler will take die cars to dealerships to replace defective parts. The company wouldn't say exactly what is causing the short circuit.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery