THE RECALL: Chrysler is recalling about 2,500 Dodge Challenger muscle cars in
the U.S. that are equipped with V6 engines. It's also telling owners not to
drive them until they are repaired.
THE PROBLEM: A short in a wiring circuit can overheat and cause fires. There have been six fires so far and a seventh incident is under investigation. No one has been hurt, Chrysler said. The company also says people shouldn't park the cars in or near a structure.
THE SOLUTION: Chrysler will take die cars to dealerships to replace defective parts. The company wouldn't say exactly what is causing the short circuit.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction