THE RECALL: Chrysler is recalling about 2,500 Dodge Challenger muscle cars in
the U.S. that are equipped with V6 engines. It's also telling owners not to
drive them until they are repaired.
THE PROBLEM: A short in a wiring circuit can overheat and cause fires. There have been six fires so far and a seventh incident is under investigation. No one has been hurt, Chrysler said. The company also says people shouldn't park the cars in or near a structure.
THE SOLUTION: Chrysler will take die cars to dealerships to replace defective parts. The company wouldn't say exactly what is causing the short circuit.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison