THE RECALL: Chrysler is recalling about 2,500 Dodge Challenger muscle cars in
the U.S. that are equipped with V6 engines. It's also telling owners not to
drive them until they are repaired.
THE PROBLEM: A short in a wiring circuit can overheat and cause fires. There have been six fires so far and a seventh incident is under investigation. No one has been hurt, Chrysler said. The company also says people shouldn't park the cars in or near a structure.
THE SOLUTION: Chrysler will take die cars to dealerships to replace defective parts. The company wouldn't say exactly what is causing the short circuit.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- U.S. Economy Added 175,000 Jobs in February
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Pussy Riot Members Attacked at McDonald's
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings