THE RECALL: Chrysler is recalling about 2,500 Dodge Challenger muscle cars in
the U.S. that are equipped with V6 engines. It's also telling owners not to
drive them until they are repaired.
THE PROBLEM: A short in a wiring circuit can overheat and cause fires. There have been six fires so far and a seventh incident is under investigation. No one has been hurt, Chrysler said. The company also says people shouldn't park the cars in or near a structure.
THE SOLUTION: Chrysler will take die cars to dealerships to replace defective parts. The company wouldn't say exactly what is causing the short circuit.
Most Popular Stories
- ecoATM Wins Green at LBA Sol Awards
- Can Barra Break GM's Losing Streak?
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- IBM OK's $5 Billion Stock Buyback
- US Consumer Confidence Hit a High in October
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers