PRAGUE: A powerful explosion has damaged a building in the centre of the Czech
capital with people feared buried in the rubble.
A police spokesman said it was not clear what caused the blast.
The city centre street is covered with rubble and has been sealed off.
Rescuers think some people are buried under the debris and at least 40 people have been injured.
Windows in buildings located hundreds of yard from the blast were shattered, including some in the nearby National Theatre.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits