Select members of the Chicago cast of "Book of Mormon" will perform in a one-night-only cabaret fundraiser, Monday, April 29, at 7:30 p.m., at The Laugh Factory, 3175 North Broadway.
According to a release, the event tops off the cast's 6 week- long fundraising campaign for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Last year, Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS awarded over 5 million dollars in support to HIV/AIDS and health care organizations around the globe, including local recipient, Chicago House.
Slated to appear are all three of the show's headliners, Ben Platt (Pitch Perfect), Nic Roleau (Book of Mormon Broadway) and "American Idol" finalist, Syesha Mercado. Alongside their "Mormon" cast-mates, Platt, Roleau and Mercado will perform an intimate cabaret performance, including jazz, musical theater, and contemporary selections.
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill