OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/28/13 -- The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, addressed participants of the Sedona Forum, hosted by the McCain Institute, in Sedona, Arizona, over the past days.
Minister MacKay spoke about international security and participated in a panel discussion about the challenges and opportunities associated with the spread of democratic political action in Europe. Other Forum participants include U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, Georgian President, Mikheil Saakashvili, and U.S. Senator (Ret.) Joseph Lieberman.
"Freedom, democracy, human rights and the rule of law, at home and abroad, are guiding values and ideals of our Government," said Minister MacKay. "There is no doubt that Canada's long-term security is best served by promoting the development of free societies, led by governments that make their citizens' wellbeing the foremost goal of their policy development."
During the three-day Forum, Minister MacKay took the opportunity to liaise with a number of other international leaders including, the President of Macedonia, Gjorge Ivanov, U.S. Senators John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and Kelly Ayotte, in addition to other current and former world leaders.
The McCain Institute is a policy and leadership organization whose mission is to advance leadership based on security, economic opportunity, freedom, and human dignity in the United States and around the world. It seeks to build a new generation of character-driven global leadership, and to create better designs for policymaking, in order to improve U.S. and international policy in the areas of humanitarian action, human freedom, and security.
For more information about the McCain Institute and the Sedona Forum, please visit www.mccaininstitute.org/.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?