PHIL Coulter once sang "there was music there in the Derry air" and it seems the young people of the city are intent on keeping the tradition going.
While acts like singer/songwriter Soak and pop band Wonder Villains continue to make waves in the music scene, a number of new names have emerged in the last week.
First up, St Patrick's Primary School was finally able to celebrate winning the UK's biggest choir competition after walking away with the top prize last month.
Then there's 19-year-old Drumahoe lad Jordan O'Keefe (right), who's become a huge Internet sensation after wowing all four judges on Britain's Got Talent last weekend. Now he's being tipped as a potential BGT winner.
And wouldn't it be lovely for Derry, famed for its rich musicality, to enjoy such a triumph in its City of Culture year?
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Atlanta Biology Lesson Compares Evolution With Satan
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- Ford Recalling 100,000 Vehicles for Safety Issues
- Hispanic Social Media Awards Announced
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects