PHIL Coulter once sang "there was music there in the Derry air" and it seems the young people of the city are intent on keeping the tradition going.
While acts like singer/songwriter Soak and pop band Wonder Villains continue to make waves in the music scene, a number of new names have emerged in the last week.
First up, St Patrick's Primary School was finally able to celebrate winning the UK's biggest choir competition after walking away with the top prize last month.
Then there's 19-year-old Drumahoe lad Jordan O'Keefe (right), who's become a huge Internet sensation after wowing all four judges on Britain's Got Talent last weekend. Now he's being tipped as a potential BGT winner.
And wouldn't it be lovely for Derry, famed for its rich musicality, to enjoy such a triumph in its City of Culture year?
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays