PHIL Coulter once sang "there was music there in the Derry air" and it seems the young people of the city are intent on keeping the tradition going.
While acts like singer/songwriter Soak and pop band Wonder Villains continue to make waves in the music scene, a number of new names have emerged in the last week.
First up, St Patrick's Primary School was finally able to celebrate winning the UK's biggest choir competition after walking away with the top prize last month.
Then there's 19-year-old Drumahoe lad Jordan O'Keefe (right), who's become a huge Internet sensation after wowing all four judges on Britain's Got Talent last weekend. Now he's being tipped as a potential BGT winner.
And wouldn't it be lovely for Derry, famed for its rich musicality, to enjoy such a triumph in its City of Culture year?
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign