PHIL Coulter once sang "there was music there in the Derry air" and it seems the young people of the city are intent on keeping the tradition going.
While acts like singer/songwriter Soak and pop band Wonder Villains continue to make waves in the music scene, a number of new names have emerged in the last week.
First up, St Patrick's Primary School was finally able to celebrate winning the UK's biggest choir competition after walking away with the top prize last month.
Then there's 19-year-old Drumahoe lad Jordan O'Keefe (right), who's become a huge Internet sensation after wowing all four judges on Britain's Got Talent last weekend. Now he's being tipped as a potential BGT winner.
And wouldn't it be lovely for Derry, famed for its rich musicality, to enjoy such a triumph in its City of Culture year?
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date