PHIL Coulter once sang "there was music there in the Derry air" and it seems the young people of the city are intent on keeping the tradition going.
While acts like singer/songwriter Soak and pop band Wonder Villains continue to make waves in the music scene, a number of new names have emerged in the last week.
First up, St Patrick's Primary School was finally able to celebrate winning the UK's biggest choir competition after walking away with the top prize last month.
Then there's 19-year-old Drumahoe lad Jordan O'Keefe (right), who's become a huge Internet sensation after wowing all four judges on Britain's Got Talent last weekend. Now he's being tipped as a potential BGT winner.
And wouldn't it be lovely for Derry, famed for its rich musicality, to enjoy such a triumph in its City of Culture year?
(c) 2013 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week