April 28--Tuesday is a big day for Broadway with the Tony nominations set for a live webcast starting at 5:30 a.m. PDT.
The nominations will be announced on TonyAwards.com by multiple Tony winner Sutton Foster (most recently for "Anything Goes") and "Modern Family" actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson (who starred in the Hollywood Bowl production of "The Producers" last summer).
The nominations from the American Theatre Wing will be announced in 26 categories for productions that opened during the 2012-2013 Broadway season.
The 67th annual Tony Awards ceremony will take place at Radio City Music Hall at 8 p.m. Sunday, June 9, and will be broadcast on CBS.
Unlike the Oscars, the Tony Awards will be tape-delayed for the West Coast, so they will air in Los Angeles on Channel 2 three hours after they start, at 8 p.m.
Check back with Culture Monster on Tuesday morning for the nominees as well as analysis by Times Theater Critic Charles McNulty.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week