April 28--Tuesday is a big day for Broadway with the Tony nominations set for a live webcast starting at 5:30 a.m. PDT.
The nominations will be announced on TonyAwards.com by multiple Tony winner Sutton Foster (most recently for "Anything Goes") and "Modern Family" actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson (who starred in the Hollywood Bowl production of "The Producers" last summer).
The nominations from the American Theatre Wing will be announced in 26 categories for productions that opened during the 2012-2013 Broadway season.
The 67th annual Tony Awards ceremony will take place at Radio City Music Hall at 8 p.m. Sunday, June 9, and will be broadcast on CBS.
Unlike the Oscars, the Tony Awards will be tape-delayed for the West Coast, so they will air in Los Angeles on Channel 2 three hours after they start, at 8 p.m.
Check back with Culture Monster on Tuesday morning for the nominees as well as analysis by Times Theater Critic Charles McNulty.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- U.S. Economy Added 175,000 Jobs in February
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Pussy Riot Members Attacked at McDonald's
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings