Brunch idea: Come as you are to Wild Wing Cafe's "Blue Jean Brunch." Specials include the Southern Chick and Waffles, potato pancakes and lots of drink specials. Wild Wing Cafe, 11335 Campbell Lakes Drive, in Farragut, serves brunch today from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. More info: www.wildwingcafe.com.
For everyday heroes: Krispy Kreme will observe National Superhero Day today by offering customers a BOGO coupon in celebration of the unsung heroes in their life. The coupon, which must be downloaded from www.heroappreciationday.com, allows a customer one free dozen glazed doughnuts with the purchase of a dozen doughnuts of their choice. Offer good today only. More info: www.krispykreme.com.
Metal show: Cutting metal band The Sword will hit the Bijou stage at 8 p.m. today. Tickets are $21.50. Opening band will be local heavy-rock act Pick Up the Snake. More info: www.knoxbijou.com.
Celebrity trivia: On this day in 1967, Muhammad Ali refused induction into the U.S. Army and was stripped of his boxing title. He cited religious grounds for his refusal.
Show: The Knoxville Children's Theatre presents a stage version of the story "Sarah, Plain and Tall" at its 800 Tyson St. theater. The show is 3 p.m. today. Other performances are 7 p.m. May 2-3 and May 9-10, 1 and 5 p.m. May 4 and May 11, and 3 p.m. May 5. Tickets are $12 a person, $10 each for an adult and child coming to the performance together. Reservations are recommended by calling 865- 599-5284 between the hours of 1 and 5 p.m.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL