NEW YORK - Clint Eastwood may be 82 years old, but he dreams of making films for two more decades.
In a wide-ranging interview Saturday about film directing at the Tribeca Film Festival, Eastwood said he admires the 104-year-old Portuguese director Manoel de Oliveira.
Eastwood says, "It would be great to be 105 and still making films." He laughs and calls such a hope "the ultimate optimism."
The "Million Dollar Baby" and "Unforgiven" director joined fellow filmmaker Darren Aronofsky for a staged conversation at the New York film festival following a screening of Richard Schickel's documentary "Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap