NEW YORK - Clint Eastwood may be 82 years old, but he dreams of making films for two more decades.
In a wide-ranging interview Saturday about film directing at the Tribeca Film Festival, Eastwood said he admires the 104-year-old Portuguese director Manoel de Oliveira.
Eastwood says, "It would be great to be 105 and still making films." He laughs and calls such a hope "the ultimate optimism."
The "Million Dollar Baby" and "Unforgiven" director joined fellow filmmaker Darren Aronofsky for a staged conversation at the New York film festival following a screening of Richard Schickel's documentary "Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women