NEW YORK - Clint Eastwood may be 82 years old, but he dreams of making films for two more decades.
In a wide-ranging interview Saturday about film directing at the Tribeca Film Festival, Eastwood said he admires the 104-year-old Portuguese director Manoel de Oliveira.
Eastwood says, "It would be great to be 105 and still making films." He laughs and calls such a hope "the ultimate optimism."
The "Million Dollar Baby" and "Unforgiven" director joined fellow filmmaker Darren Aronofsky for a staged conversation at the New York film festival following a screening of Richard Schickel's documentary "Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States