The Magic Kingdom will pull another all-nighter next month, Disney World officials announced late Thursday.
The theme park will be open for business from 6 a.m. on May 24 through 6 a.m on May 25. It's the second time Magic Kingdom was gone to a round-the-clock schedule. The first was Feb. 29, 2012.
Special events during the period will be "Monsters University" characters Mike and Sulley as the grand marshals of the afternoon parade, special merchandise and late-night appearances of Disney characters in their pajamas.
Disney's West Coast parks, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure, will also stay open 24 hours on those dates.
The marathon shift is part of a new promotional campaign called Disney's Monstrous Summer. The announcement was by one-eyed "Monsters University" character Mike Wazowski, who was beamed onto Epcot's iconic Spaceship Earth. The round, green one topped out at 180 feet in the unique format.
"Monsters University," which debuts June 21, already has a monorail train with its characters applied to its exterior at Walt Disney World.
(c)2013 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Visit The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) at www.OrlandoSentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit