April 27--The Tennessee Theatre's 2012-13 season of Broadway at the Tennessee continues this week with "American Idiot."
Shows are 7:30 p.m. April 30 and May 1. The historic theater is at 604 S. Gay St.
Nominated for a 2010 Tony Award for best musical and the winner of the Grammy for best musical show album, "American Idiot" features the music of the punk rock band Green Day. The musical is based on the band's "American Idiot" album. Green Day lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong co-authored the musical's story.
The rock musical focuses on the lives of disenfranchised young people in America after September 11, 2001, as it tells the story of three boyhood friends. Its songs include the title song as well as "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," "21 Guns" and "Wake Me Up When September Ends."
Tickets, before any service charges, are $37, $52, $67 or $77. Tickets are available at www.tennesseetheatre.com or 865-656-4444.
The last touring show in the current Broadway at the Tennessee season will be the musical comedy "The Addams Family." Based on the television program of the 1960s, "The Addams Family" will play in Knoxville May 31 and June 1.
(c)2013 the Knoxville News-Sentinel (Knoxville, Tenn.)
Visit the Knoxville News-Sentinel (Knoxville, Tenn.) at www.knoxnews.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'