April 27--The Tennessee Theatre's 2012-13 season of Broadway at the Tennessee continues this week with "American Idiot."
Shows are 7:30 p.m. April 30 and May 1. The historic theater is at 604 S. Gay St.
Nominated for a 2010 Tony Award for best musical and the winner of the Grammy for best musical show album, "American Idiot" features the music of the punk rock band Green Day. The musical is based on the band's "American Idiot" album. Green Day lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong co-authored the musical's story.
The rock musical focuses on the lives of disenfranchised young people in America after September 11, 2001, as it tells the story of three boyhood friends. Its songs include the title song as well as "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," "21 Guns" and "Wake Me Up When September Ends."
Tickets, before any service charges, are $37, $52, $67 or $77. Tickets are available at www.tennesseetheatre.com or 865-656-4444.
The last touring show in the current Broadway at the Tennessee season will be the musical comedy "The Addams Family." Based on the television program of the 1960s, "The Addams Family" will play in Knoxville May 31 and June 1.
(c)2013 the Knoxville News-Sentinel (Knoxville, Tenn.)
Visit the Knoxville News-Sentinel (Knoxville, Tenn.) at www.knoxnews.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- U.S. Banks' Earnings Rose 5.2 Percent in Q2