The United States will push for a UN
investigation into the suspected use of chemical weapons by the
"The fact is we have some evidence," White House spokesman Jay Carney said Friday. "We are building on that."
Although there is a "growing body of evidence" that the regime "has in a limited way" used chemical weapons, he said, it was "not an airtight case."
He said: "Facts drive this investigation, not a timeline."
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight