The United States will push for a UN
investigation into the suspected use of chemical weapons by the
"The fact is we have some evidence," White House spokesman Jay Carney said Friday. "We are building on that."
Although there is a "growing body of evidence" that the regime "has in a limited way" used chemical weapons, he said, it was "not an airtight case."
He said: "Facts drive this investigation, not a timeline."
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings