The United States will push for a UN
investigation into the suspected use of chemical weapons by the
"The fact is we have some evidence," White House spokesman Jay Carney said Friday. "We are building on that."
Although there is a "growing body of evidence" that the regime "has in a limited way" used chemical weapons, he said, it was "not an airtight case."
He said: "Facts drive this investigation, not a timeline."
Most Popular Stories
- Menendez Introduces Tough Sanctions Against Russia
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Republican Jolly Wins Fla. Special Election
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- World Wide Web Turns 25
- Clarke Replaces Perez at Eastman Kodak
- Vestas Ramps Up Hiring to Build Wind Turbines
- Obama Seeks Overtime Pay for Salaried Workers
- Justin Bieber Comes Between Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez