The United States will push for a UN
investigation into the suspected use of chemical weapons by the
"The fact is we have some evidence," White House spokesman Jay Carney said Friday. "We are building on that."
Although there is a "growing body of evidence" that the regime "has in a limited way" used chemical weapons, he said, it was "not an airtight case."
He said: "Facts drive this investigation, not a timeline."
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia