French officials said they are investigating two employees of Closer magazine
who allegedly published topless pictures of Kate, the duchess of Cambridge.
Closer published the pictures, which were taken during a private holiday in France, in September.
Officials said they are investigating Ernesto Mauri, the head of publishing company Mondadori, and Valerie Suau, a photographer, for invasion of privacy.
Suau has denied she took any topless pictures, the BBC said, and magazine representatives have argued that photos were taken from a public road and were not offensive.
The duke and duchess of Cambridge launched legal proceedings after the photos were published, and a Paris court then banned Closer from republishing the images and ordered the magazine to hand over the original photographs within 24 hours.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say