Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh [conviction on espionage charges
over alleged involvement in a series of bombings in Pakistan in
1990] has been taken to hospital after an inmate attacked him,
private Pakistani TV channel Geo News reported at 1342 gmt on 26
April. Singh, who was being held at Kot Lakhpat jail, was initially
taken to the prison hospital. However, due to his serious condition,
he was taken in an ambulance to Jinnah Hospital.
Originally published by Geo News TV, Karachi, in Urdu 1342 26 Apr 13.
(c) 2013 BBC Monitoring Newsfile. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8