Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh [conviction on espionage charges
over alleged involvement in a series of bombings in Pakistan in
1990] has been taken to hospital after an inmate attacked him,
private Pakistani TV channel Geo News reported at 1342 gmt on 26
April. Singh, who was being held at Kot Lakhpat jail, was initially
taken to the prison hospital. However, due to his serious condition,
he was taken in an ambulance to Jinnah Hospital.
Originally published by Geo News TV, Karachi, in Urdu 1342 26 Apr 13.
(c) 2013 BBC Monitoring Newsfile. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'