OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/26/13 -- Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz today announced the appointment of Mike Pickard as a member of the Farm Products Council of Canada (FPCC).
"I am pleased to announce the appointment of Mike Pickard to the FPCC", said Minister Ritz. "I'm confident Mr. Pickard's passion for agriculture and experience within the sector will be an asset to the Council's work."
The FPCC plays a key part in Canada's supply management system for poultry and eggs. Created in 1972, the Council supervises the operations of the four national marketing agencies that manage the supply of Canadian chicken, turkey, eggs and broiler hatching eggs. These agencies establish and allocate production quota, promote products, raise funds through levies and license marketers. In addition, the Council supervises the operation of the Canadian Beef Cattle Research, Market Development and Promotion Agency. Until 2009, the FPCC was known as the National Farm Products Council.
Mr. Pickard's appointment is effective immediately for a term of three years. A biographical note is attached.
To learn more about the FPCC, please visit www.fpcc-cpac.gc.ca
A resident of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Mike Pickard owns a broiler chicken operation, while at the same time, serves as a Director with the Canadian Federation of Agriculture.
Formerly, Mr. Pickard also served as a Director with the Chicken Farmers of Saskatchewan (2007-13) as well as the Chicken Farmers of Canada (2008-13). While with the Chicken Farmers of Canada, his contributions included serving on its Consumer Relations as well as its Finance Committees.
Originally from Saint John, New Brunswick, he and his wife Jana have two children.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
The Office of the Honourable Gerry Ritz
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status
- New Iran Sanctions Should Be Put Off for Now, Banking Chief Urges