WHITBY, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/26/13 -- Attention: Business/Financial Editors
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Limited (TSX: MHR) announced today that it has established a treasury support program pursuant to which MHR expects to make loans from time to time to certain affiliates of McGraw-Hill Global Education Holdings, LLC, an affiliate of MHR, in exchange for interest-bearing, demand promissory notes. The loans will be secured through a guarantee issued by McGraw-Hill Global Education Holdings, LLC. MHR expects that the establishment of the treasury support program will allow it to generate higher returns on the uncommitted cash resources of MHR from time to time.
The aggregate fair market value of the Notes issued pursuant to the treasury support program, will not, at any time, exceed the lesser of: (a) 25% of MHR's then-current market capitalization; and (b) $15,000,000. The treasury support program will constitute a "related party transaction" for purposes of MI 61-101 - Protection of Minority Security Holders in Special Transactions, but is exempt from the formal valuation and minority shareholder approval requirements.
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Limited
Chief Financial Officer and Secretary-Treasurer
Most Popular Stories
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Last Call for Hispanic Health Care Signups
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU