George Jones, the iconic country music singer known by generations for his
distinctive voice and phrasing, died in Nashville Friday at 81, his publicist
He had been hospitalized at Vanderbilt University Medical Center for fever and irregular blood pressure, publicist Kirt Webster said.
Jones was in the middle of a tour that he said would be his last when he fell ill. Several dates had already been canceled.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party