George Jones, the iconic country music singer known by generations for his
distinctive voice and phrasing, died in Nashville Friday at 81, his publicist
He had been hospitalized at Vanderbilt University Medical Center for fever and irregular blood pressure, publicist Kirt Webster said.
Jones was in the middle of a tour that he said would be his last when he fell ill. Several dates had already been canceled.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs