George Jones, the iconic country music singer known by generations for his
distinctive voice and phrasing, died in Nashville Friday at 81, his publicist
He had been hospitalized at Vanderbilt University Medical Center for fever and irregular blood pressure, publicist Kirt Webster said.
Jones was in the middle of a tour that he said would be his last when he fell ill. Several dates had already been canceled.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers