George Jones, the iconic country music singer known by generations for his
distinctive voice and phrasing, died in Nashville Friday at 81, his publicist
He had been hospitalized at Vanderbilt University Medical Center for fever and irregular blood pressure, publicist Kirt Webster said.
Jones was in the middle of a tour that he said would be his last when he fell ill. Several dates had already been canceled.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries