How much is a cup of coffee with Apple chief
executive Tim Cook worth?
A day after a charity began an auction of an hour with the Apple boss at the company's Cupertino headquarters, bidding reached 190,000 dollars and there is still 19 days left to bid.
Charitybuzz.com, the site running the auction had estimated the value of coffee with Cook at just 50,000 dollars.
Proceeds from the auction will go to the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights.
It's unclear at this point what steps the auction site is taking to weed out bogus bids, but the auction rules did stipulate a number of other conditions, such as a ban on blogging and talking to the press about the meeting, and acting disrespectfully towards Cook, who agreed to donate his time.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction