How much is a cup of coffee with Apple chief
executive Tim Cook worth?
A day after a charity began an auction of an hour with the Apple boss at the company's Cupertino headquarters, bidding reached 190,000 dollars and there is still 19 days left to bid.
Charitybuzz.com, the site running the auction had estimated the value of coffee with Cook at just 50,000 dollars.
Proceeds from the auction will go to the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights.
It's unclear at this point what steps the auction site is taking to weed out bogus bids, but the auction rules did stipulate a number of other conditions, such as a ban on blogging and talking to the press about the meeting, and acting disrespectfully towards Cook, who agreed to donate his time.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum