How much is a cup of coffee with Apple chief
executive Tim Cook worth?
A day after a charity began an auction of an hour with the Apple boss at the company's Cupertino headquarters, bidding reached 190,000 dollars and there is still 19 days left to bid.
Charitybuzz.com, the site running the auction had estimated the value of coffee with Cook at just 50,000 dollars.
Proceeds from the auction will go to the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights.
It's unclear at this point what steps the auction site is taking to weed out bogus bids, but the auction rules did stipulate a number of other conditions, such as a ban on blogging and talking to the press about the meeting, and acting disrespectfully towards Cook, who agreed to donate his time.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors