How much is a cup of coffee with Apple chief
executive Tim Cook worth?
A day after a charity began an auction of an hour with the Apple boss at the company's Cupertino headquarters, bidding reached 190,000 dollars and there is still 19 days left to bid.
Charitybuzz.com, the site running the auction had estimated the value of coffee with Cook at just 50,000 dollars.
Proceeds from the auction will go to the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights.
It's unclear at this point what steps the auction site is taking to weed out bogus bids, but the auction rules did stipulate a number of other conditions, such as a ban on blogging and talking to the press about the meeting, and acting disrespectfully towards Cook, who agreed to donate his time.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better