SUNRISE, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 04/26/13 -- Bolton Medical announced today that the first patient treated in the United States with the new Relay Thoracic Stent-Graft with Plus Delivery System has been successfully completed.
The procedure took place at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA and was performed by Nimesh Desai, M.D., Ph.D., Director of Thoracic Aortic Surgery Research Program, and Assistant Professor of the Division of Cardiovascular Surgery and Edward Woo, M.D., Associate Professor, Vice-Chief and Program Director of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy.
Specifically designed for the thoracic aorta, the Relay Stent-Graft is offered in a wide range of sizes to accommodate many different anatomies with the use of this minimally-invasive treatment for thoracic aortic aneurysms and penetrating atherosclerotic ulcers.
The new Relay Thoracic Stent-Graft is paired with the unique four-step Plus Delivery System that allows for easier navigation and the ability to achieve precise placement in a variety of anatomies.
"We are pleased that the first commercial Relay Thoracic Stent-Graft with Plus Delivery System has been used in United States," said Oscar Rospigliosi, CEO, Bolton Medical, Inc. "We believe that U.S. physicians and their patients will benefit from using the latest TEVAR technology available in the market."
Bolton Medical currently manufactures Relay and Relay NBS Thoracic Stent-Grafts. These devices are used worldwide for the treatment of thoracic aortic pathologies. To date, approximately 8,000 Relay and Relay NBS Thoracic Stent-Grafts have been implanted worldwide. Bolton Medical is a private company, with European operations based in Barcelona, Spain and U.S. operations in Sunrise, Florida. Bolton Medical is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Werfen Life Group, a diverse manufacturer and supplier of products for the medical industry.
For more information on Relay Thoracic Stent-Graft with Plus Delivery System, please visit www.boltonmedical.com.
Contact Number: 954-636-9785
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go