Net profit at South Korea's Hyundai Motor Co dropped 14.9 percent in the first quarter year-on-year, media reports said Thursday.
Net profit in January to March slumped to $1.8 billion in the same period last year, the Yonhap News Agency reported.
"A fall in profit from our equity investments was the main reason behind the sluggish first-quarter earnings," a Hyundai Motor Co official told Yonhap.
Hyundai said it sold 1,018,076 vehicles abroad in the first quarter, up 10.9 percent from last year. Sales on the domestic market fell 0.7 percent to 153,728 units.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida