Former President Bill Clinton has joined Twitter with the handle @billclinton
and already has more than 200,000 followers.
Clinton, who made his first Twitter post on Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" when host Stephen Colbert opened up an account for him under the name @prezbillyjeff, joined Twitter officially with the user name @billclinton, Politico reported Thursday.
"Excited to join @ChelseaClinton and my good friend @StephenAtHome on Twitter," Clinton posted in his first official tweet.
Colbert responded to the 42nd president's new Twitter account.
"I taught @billclinton to tweet! This is almost as exciting as the time I taught Cheney 'Dance Dance Revolution,'" he posted.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low