Former President Bill Clinton has joined Twitter with the handle @billclinton
and already has more than 200,000 followers.
Clinton, who made his first Twitter post on Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" when host Stephen Colbert opened up an account for him under the name @prezbillyjeff, joined Twitter officially with the user name @billclinton, Politico reported Thursday.
"Excited to join @ChelseaClinton and my good friend @StephenAtHome on Twitter," Clinton posted in his first official tweet.
Colbert responded to the 42nd president's new Twitter account.
"I taught @billclinton to tweet! This is almost as exciting as the time I taught Cheney 'Dance Dance Revolution,'" he posted.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World