Former President Bill Clinton has joined Twitter with the handle @billclinton
and already has more than 200,000 followers.
Clinton, who made his first Twitter post on Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" when host Stephen Colbert opened up an account for him under the name @prezbillyjeff, joined Twitter officially with the user name @billclinton, Politico reported Thursday.
"Excited to join @ChelseaClinton and my good friend @StephenAtHome on Twitter," Clinton posted in his first official tweet.
Colbert responded to the 42nd president's new Twitter account.
"I taught @billclinton to tweet! This is almost as exciting as the time I taught Cheney 'Dance Dance Revolution,'" he posted.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Deficit Shrinks, Hiring Grows as Economy Improves