Former President Bill Clinton has joined Twitter with the handle @billclinton
and already has more than 200,000 followers.
Clinton, who made his first Twitter post on Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" when host Stephen Colbert opened up an account for him under the name @prezbillyjeff, joined Twitter officially with the user name @billclinton, Politico reported Thursday.
"Excited to join @ChelseaClinton and my good friend @StephenAtHome on Twitter," Clinton posted in his first official tweet.
Colbert responded to the 42nd president's new Twitter account.
"I taught @billclinton to tweet! This is almost as exciting as the time I taught Cheney 'Dance Dance Revolution,'" he posted.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million