CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/25/13 -- Recently artists, athletes, community leaders and media personalities designed, painted, and filled bowls with goodies. Now, thanks to the talents of these local Calgary celebrities, the online auction for the 13th annual Empty Bowl Benefit supporting the Calgary Food Bank's J.P. Morgan Food Link program is ready to go live on May 1st at 6 PM.
Check early and bid often, as the painters of these keepsake bowls continue to add swag to entice bidders. The online auction only runs for two weeks, and closes at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, May 15th.
Who: Calgary Food Bank
What: Empty Bowl Benefit
When: Wednesday, May 1st at 6:00 PM to Wednesday, May 15 at 11:59 PM
Thirty years ago Calgary changed the way emergency food was provided to people in need.
Today, the Calgary Food Bank continues this spirit of collaboration by working with more than 100 local agencies to support people through difficult times.
Together, we work to nourish healthy communities and you, too, can be part of the change.
This release is transmitted courtesy of Marketwired.
Calgary Food Bank - Media contact:
Interim Media Relations
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel