U.S. champion boxer Victor Ortiz and professional dance partner Lindsay Arnold
were booted from "Dancing With the Stars" after getting the lowest scores.
The former World Boxing Council welterweight champ took the Week 6 elimination in stride, telling hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet he had "a blast," and thanking viewers and all the "beautiful people" who supported him along the way during Season 16.
"I've danced my shoes off," said the 26-year-old Ortiz. "I would take nothing back."
"So at the end of the day it was a heck of an experience and, hopefully, these beautiful people will follow me to my next championship bout," he said.
"I'm happy to get this far," he said, adding, "I definitely need some dance moves."
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe