U.S. champion boxer Victor Ortiz and professional dance partner Lindsay Arnold
were booted from "Dancing With the Stars" after getting the lowest scores.
The former World Boxing Council welterweight champ took the Week 6 elimination in stride, telling hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet he had "a blast," and thanking viewers and all the "beautiful people" who supported him along the way during Season 16.
"I've danced my shoes off," said the 26-year-old Ortiz. "I would take nothing back."
"So at the end of the day it was a heck of an experience and, hopefully, these beautiful people will follow me to my next championship bout," he said.
"I'm happy to get this far," he said, adding, "I definitely need some dance moves."
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays