U.S. champion boxer Victor Ortiz and professional dance partner Lindsay Arnold
were booted from "Dancing With the Stars" after getting the lowest scores.
The former World Boxing Council welterweight champ took the Week 6 elimination in stride, telling hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet he had "a blast," and thanking viewers and all the "beautiful people" who supported him along the way during Season 16.
"I've danced my shoes off," said the 26-year-old Ortiz. "I would take nothing back."
"So at the end of the day it was a heck of an experience and, hopefully, these beautiful people will follow me to my next championship bout," he said.
"I'm happy to get this far," he said, adding, "I definitely need some dance moves."
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore