U.S. champion boxer Victor Ortiz and professional dance partner Lindsay Arnold
were booted from "Dancing With the Stars" after getting the lowest scores.
The former World Boxing Council welterweight champ took the Week 6 elimination in stride, telling hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet he had "a blast," and thanking viewers and all the "beautiful people" who supported him along the way during Season 16.
"I've danced my shoes off," said the 26-year-old Ortiz. "I would take nothing back."
"So at the end of the day it was a heck of an experience and, hopefully, these beautiful people will follow me to my next championship bout," he said.
"I'm happy to get this far," he said, adding, "I definitely need some dance moves."
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion